Power: Built In DC3V (Non-replaceable battery that lasts a minimum of 10 years)
Size: 100mm x 36mm
Current: <8uA (standby) <50mA (alarm)
Volume: >85dB(A) at 3 meters
Features of HFAD
- Our battery operated smoke detector utilises a photoelectric sensor that allows it to be more sensitive to detecting slow smouldering fires which generates thick black smoke and little heat.
- The built in battery that comes with the smoke detector has a minimum lifespan of 10 year.
- When low on battery, the smoke detector produces a chirping sound as a reminder for replacement.
- Installation can be done in 2 convenient methods. Either fasten the base of the smoke detector to the ceiling with a screws drilled into the wall, or use the optional magnet with self-adhesive on a clean smooth surface (purchase separately from your neighbourhood hardware store).
The updated Fire Code in Singapore requires newly built homes from HDBs to Condos & Landed residences as well as existing residences who are undergoing fire safety works to have Smoke Detectors, also known as Home Fire Alarm Device, installed from June 2018.
A minimum of 1 smoke alarm must be installed under the Fire Code. However, it is recommended that an alarm is installed in each room as well as the living room.
This smoke detector will serve as an early warning when it rings in the case of a fire to alert occupants in your home.
The device contains a sensor that detects smoke. It will let out a continuous and loud sound when triggered, to give you the precious time to get out of harm’s way.
Fire Safety Tips
- Install Home Fire Alarm Device (HFAD) near bedrooms – high on a wall or ceiling
- Do not install HFAD near air vents
- Do not install on the ceiling directly above frying pans in the kitchen
- Test HFAD at least once a month to ensure they work